Here are two main things I'm looking for...
1. Turn by turn instructions
2. Campgrounds, etc to be displayed
You found the right post to help you with these two goals.
In the images 1 & 2 that you have, I do not see detailed roads. Are you using City Navigator with BaseCamp? In image 2, I see the route as a group of straight lines, which is not following the road. To get turn prompts, you need to have the route follow the road, as discussed in detail with sample videos.
For campgrounds, yes, the GPS can chime as you are approaching the camp site, and display it on the screen. You need to set a proximity alarm for it though. Follow these steps (using BaseCamp 4.2.4 on Mac OSX 10.9.2):
- Make sure you have all the campgrounds created as Waypoints in BaseCamp
- Select some or all the Waypoints for these campgrounds
- From the menu, select Edit > Get Info
- In the properties window, Select Advanced
- Enter the alarm distance in the Proximity field
- Copy or export the waypoints to your device