Also in terms of naming the routes in the order I prefer, would it effect the code in the GPX file as it would be named different.No. No impact on the GPX file content or its performance. This is just a label to the file. You should be able to use it as is.
The route on the gps displays the campsites and other intrest that match Basecamp. However, the roads are still aren't identical.Something is definitely not right. The eTrex is showing straight lines compared with curved ones following the road on BaseCamp.
My recommendation is split the effort of creating the route from the waypoints for campgrounds & other services.
I will focus the discussion below on getting you ready with the routes. Once we have those ready and transferred to your eTrex, we shall proceed to getting you the waypoints as well. You can place multiple .gpx files in your device. It will process them as one. You do not have to combine all data in one file.
To make sure we are starting cleanly on your device, please remove all files in the GPX directory:
- Connect the eTrex to your computer via the USB cable
- Two new storage devices should appear: one for the eTrex and the other for the micro SD card
- Navigate to /garmin/gpx folder in both storage devices
- Make a backup copy of all files in that directory
- Remove all files from that directory
- As I believe you are using a Mac, you need to empty trash to make sure these files are removed from the devices
What is the result? Did it work for you?
When done, highlight the route as you finished it, select File from the menu, select Export <route name>, and save a copy on your computer. Post a copy of that file somewhere (such as Dropbox) where I can download and review it.