Have you found an alternative to Google Latitude
- With Find my Friends, the iPhone locator is always on. I exchange location with a few close family & friends. They know my location at any time.
- While on a ride, I always use Garmin Live Track with the Edge 510:
- The data is updated constantly showing accurate location at all times. I find other apps to lag behind in showing the location and tend to be slow in retrieving the information.
- Live Track shows the route taken along with other information about the ride such as speed, distance, and elevation.
- Minimum impact on battery. In a test I did a few weeks ago, while temperature was hovering around freezing, after three hours of riding, with normal use of phone for a few text messages, phone call, etc, including Live Track, the iPhone 5s was still at 55%. Other apps drain the battery much quicker as they use the phone GPS. During that test, as soon as I turned the phone GPS on, the battery drained fully in about 40 minutes.
- Life360. I have not used it but read recommendations about it.
Please share other options that you find.