This was posted:
EFFECTIVE WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 1, 2012, THIS CHURCH WILL NO LONGER BE HOSTING TRAVELING BICYCLE RIDERS.
WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE, BUT A FEW RIDERS HAVE SPOILED THE PRIVILEGE FOR THE MANY.
PLEASE HELP US IN SPREADING THE WORD. THE ADVENTURE CYCLING ASSOCIATION HAS BEEN NOTIFIED OF OUR DECISION.
The rules were also posted. Apparently some cyclists violated the rules or common courtesy. If you feel you may have been responsible I urge you to contact Pastor Brent and apologize and make amends.
BICYCLISTS' RULES OF THE ROAD
First Baptist Church of Jeffrey City, Wyoming is pleased to have you stay with us! Please keept the helpful information and rules on this page in mind. Doing so will allow you, your fellow cyclists, and those who may come after you to continue to enjoy having a place of shelter while traveling this leg of the journey! Thank you and enjoy your stay!
1. While there are no showers available, hot and cold running water is available in the restrooms, and you may take a sponge bath should you so choose. Please remember to turn off the water, and to clean up after yourself.
2. The kitchen is fully functional, with a refrigerator, stove, and microwave. Please remember to clean up after yourself. There is hot and cold water available in the kitchen sink.
3. Should you wish to check you email or post your travel pictures to the internet, wifi services are available. The SSID for this service is XXXX, and the passphrase is XXXX. ... Please be considerate of others and remember that bandwidth is limited. In light of this, please do not abuse this privilege by watching videos on Netflix, YouTube, etc. Any use of wifi to view pornography, or to engage in any activity that you would imagine a Pastor or curch would frown upon, is prohibited. While we have no way of monitoring your online activity, God can clearly see what you're up to. You're on the honor system.
1. No drugs, alcohol, or any related paraphenalia is allowed on church property.
2. The items that are being stored in the church basement are being stored here temporarily, and are the personal property of the Pastor and his family. These items are NOT to be disturbed under any circumstances, or for any reason (including trying to "tidy up" to be helpful). Please keep in mind this simple motto: "IF IT DOESN"T BELONG TO YOU, LEAVE IT ALONE."
3. Please turn off the lights when leaving a room.
4. Please turn off the water.
5. If you make a mess, please clean it up. This is not a motel, and there is no housekeeping staff.
6. If you move it, please put it back.
7. If you open it, please close it.
8. If you turn it on, please turn if off.
9. If you break it, please fix it. If you can't fix it, report it to someone who can. If you do fix it, please report it anyway.
10. The main gym area of the basement is where bicyclist are to camp. The other rooms (other than the bathrooms) contain nothing that would be of any interest to you during your stay with us, so we ask that your please leave them undisturbed. The sanctuary upstairs is where we hold our church services, and is not provided as an area for sleeping or lodging. Unless a guest is going upstairs to join us for services, there is no need to go upstairs.
11. Please do not litter. Take only pictures and leave only footprints.
12. Please leave things in at least as good a condition as they were when you arrived.
Should you desire to leave a donation for the church, please drop it in one of the cup holders on the treadmill on the south wall of the basement gym area.