Author Topic: Hello. I am new to the forum  (Read 979 times)

Offline rideraw

Hello. I am new to the forum
« on: November 04, 2011, 03:44:36 pm »
I just wanted to take the time to introduce myself to the community. My name is Ayoob Jan and I try to tour at least once a year.

In 2010 I was fortunate to take 2 months off and escape in Europe. I started my tour in London and finished in Madrid Spain. This was my first tour and it was actually a mix of bike, train and boat.

My second tour was this year, summer 2011 I spend some time in Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic. I ended up touring half of the coast line of both great nations. This tour was a blast beacuse if I wasnt riding I was swiming.

I try to document my tours with my webpage www.rideraw.com

Maybe my next tour someone will join me because my last two I rode on my own.

Not sure which season in 2012 it will be but I am interested in going to Colombia, Italy or Japan.

Unfortunatly my touring bike was stolen last week in Washington DC after a halloween group ride. We went to restuarant and when we came out my bike and my freinds bike was stolen both Cannondale CAAD bikes.

I use to tour on a fast cyclo cross racing bike. It was a 2010 Cannondale Cyclocross 5. It was a Cannondale CAAD 8 frame. It always gave me trouble going uphill while touring because it was a compact not a triple road bike. In addition it only had 24 spokes and the rack mounts always gave me trouble.

I am not sure what my next touring bike will be. I liked having a fast frame to cruise really fast. But I didnt like replacing spokes  and slow cadence up hill.   

Well I guess thats my introduction. I look forward to getting to know more touring enthusiasts.
Ayoob Jan - Soon, riding to a place near you
RideRaw.com

Offline ChromolyWally

Re: Hello. I am new to the forum
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 02:30:24 pm »
Welcome to the forum.   Sorry to hear about the loss of your bike.  I've lost two myself, one to theft and the other got swallowed up by a river near flood stage.   Not a good feeling, but maybe an opportunity to get exactly what you want this time.  Best of luck.

Offline pptouring

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 06:49:16 pm »
Welcome to the forum. Those are some nice tours for just starting out.  Like ChromolyWally said, sorry to hear about your ride being stolen.

Offline Westinghouse

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 06:55:35 pm »
Hello:

My cycling is limited to touring and around town. I've cycled about 37,000 miles (59,000 kilometers) through nineteen countries. The USA, Canada, Mexico, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, the former Soviet Union, and China. My last really long tour was in the very cold winter of 2009-2010 from southeast coastal Florida to San Diego, California. That took a total of 54 days with 43 days of actual cycling.

Offline rideraw

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 01:18:32 am »
Nice! Thanks for the support. I can now look at the whole touring bicycle market and with my experience select a bike that will meet all my specific requirements for reliability, speed and comfort.
Ayoob Jan - Soon, riding to a place near you
RideRaw.com