Author Topic: Lodging in Portland Maine  (Read 750 times)

Offline driftlessregion

Lodging in Portland Maine
« on: January 09, 2012, 09:50:51 pm »
Anyone reading who lives in Portland, Maine? I'm looking for a motel that will accept 4 bikes delivered by Fed EX or UPS and hold them for us. We'll stay a night at each end of a two week tour. Any suggestions on a motel willing to accept and hold on to boxes for 2 weeks until we get back?

Offline indyfabz

Re: Lodging in Portland Maine
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 11:30:53 am »
Another option is to find a shop that will accept shipment and hold your boxes. They are likely to be more willing to do this if you have them assemble the bikes upon arrival and/or pack and ship them back. We have gone this route the last two times we have done loop tours from cities in Montana. We liked the convenience of having the bikes assembled and tuned when we arrived. At the end of each our, we simply checked in a motel, dropped our gear, rode to the shop and dropped the bikes off for shipping. The shops also held onto the duffel bag that we flew some of our gear out in.

Offline driftlessregion

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 10:08:48 pm »
I'm well of aware of that option which is why I didn't ask about bike shops. I like to deal with my own bike and not pay someone else to assemble it.

Offline indyfabz

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 01:17:09 pm »
Sorry. More than one person has said "Hmmm....I never thought of that."