Author Topic: New Resource for Tourists - Books/Gear/Free Campsites/Trip Journals  (Read 782 times)

Offline tiredofit

• Day Tripper
  • Pedaling around the world away from a job in IT
Hello! While cycling around the world I've been sitting away tapping away at a computer in my tent at night putting together a resource that I think can be of use to bicycle tourists worldwide, novice or lifers. It's called Bicycle Touring Hub and I maintain a database of books related to touring (whether they be route related or travelogues), Gear Listing (with option for people to review, rate to help people just starting out wondering what is good for them), A free campsite list for sites that have been found around the world that offer amenities that aren't usually found when stealth camping (power, water, internet, showers etc) - and the capability for members to have their own trip log complete with the ability to customize the look and feel of the site for friends and family to follow. I've thrown all the bells and whistles at it - google maps, twitter and facebook integration, flickr importing, and now just about to release a statistics logging application that will import files from a GPS automatically, and also provide the ability for you to enter metrics you wish to track such as distance, cost, elevation climbed, health/private trip notes (for your eyes only), with the ability to export it nicely for future use.

There's not many users at this point in time, but I'm always coming up with new ideas when cycling and putting them into place based on thoughts, and other peoples ideas - Hopefully this can be a good resource for you! It doesn't cost a thing.
http://www.bicycletouringhub.com
Pedaling around the world away from a job in Information Technology - http://www.tiredofit.ca

Offline jsieber

Re: New Resource for Tourists - Books/Gear/Free Campsites/Trip Journals
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 05:45:38 pm »
Welcome to the Adventure Cycling forums! Great work on putting together the bicycletouringhub.com site. I look forward to seeing it grow and become another great bicycle travel resource.