Bicycle Travel > Youth Bicyle Travel

taking the family across the country?!?

<< < (2/2)

johnsondasw:
The biggest problem I see here is the wife's reluctance.  I would get past that before going by doing 2-3-4 day shakedown trips well before the big one.  If you don't get that problem resolved, you'll fell like you're "pulling" her the whole way and also possibly feel responsible for every little thing that goes wrong. And things will go wrong every day.  However, if she's enthusiastic, you can solve problems together as a family and the whole thing will be a great learning experience for all, not to mention fun.

John Nelson:
According to bill's profile, he has not logged into this site since 23 minutes after he made his one and only post 11 months ago.

mucknort:

--- Quote from: John Nelson on February 06, 2013, 12:25:21 pm ---According to bill's profile, he has not logged into this site since 23 minutes after he made his one and only post 11 months ago.

--- End quote ---

Always a bummer when we get hit and run posters, asking their one big question and then seeming to disappear. He did say he was thinking of doing this trip next year or the year after or the year after or... (I guess that's part of the package with long distance bike touring, something that many dream of, but few ever actually do. When I'm touring, I always get comments like, "Gosh, that's something I've always wanted to do." or, "I was gonna do that with my kids, but then they got too old."

I saw it had been a while since his only post before I posted, but took the time to write anyway, hoping/thinking it might benefit some other reader planning a family bike tour. It's not like our replies are only seen by the Original Poster of each topic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version