Author Topic: Cycling the Big Sur Coast  (Read 3574 times)

Offline bigsurcyclist

Cycling the Big Sur Coast
« on: April 12, 2012, 12:07:52 pm »
Good Morning!

After riding through Big Sur on Highway 1 at least a dozen times over the past year and a half, I decided to collect details about this special region and write a book.   If you want to know the elevations at each mile post and at the top of the big climbs; information about bike and hike camping, restaurants, lodging, stores, state parks, attractions and local history; and the locations of trailheads, drinking water, and restrooms, this may be the book for you.  The book, "Bicycling and Touring the Big Sur Coast",  is currently available on Amazon.com.

Bigsurcyclist

Offline johnsondasw

Re: Cycling the Big Sur Coast
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 12:35:13 pm »
This was one of my two favorite sections of the Pacific Coast, the other being the Northern Calif coast.  If I were a regular rider in the area, such a book would be helpful.  I do ride around the Carmel area when visiting my parents there. 
May the wind be at your back!

Offline bigsurcyclist

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 02:24:34 am »
Carmel, 17 mile drive, and the bike path through Monterey are wonderful rides.  I was planning to ride through Big Sur up to this area again but the storm stopped me in San Simeon.  We are all very fortunate to have such a beautiful stretch of coast to visit and enjoy.   

Offline bigsurcyclist

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 01:22:37 pm »
"Bicycling and Touring the Big Sur Coast" is temporarily unavailable due to a minor revision and will available by the end of April.  To all those who are trying to order the book, I apologize for the delay and thanks for your patience. 

Big Sur Cyclist

Offline bigsurcyclist

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 03:09:31 pm »
Alas!  After a few revisions and a new map, "Bicycling and Touring the Big Sur Coast" is now available on Amazon.com for those of you who plan to bike or hike through Big Sur.

Happy trails and ride safely.

BigSurCyclist 

Offline paolo

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 12:50:31 pm »
Hi!
Why not a Kindle Edition for those of us who like to travel light?

Cheers!

Offline bigsurcyclist

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 04:06:49 pm »
Thanks for the suggestion Paolo!  By the way, the 2nd edition (volume 2) of "Bicycing and Touring the Big Sur Coast" is now available on amazon.com.  I requested that Amazon provide a kindle edition for this book per suggestions from a few people. 

For those of you who plan to ride through Big Sur, you're in for a real treat!

Thanks for the heads up.

Bigsurcyclist