I own a small farm on the Transamerica bike route in KY between Harrodsburg and Berea. I was talking with a biker who stopped in front of my house and he suggested a roadside stand at the road with snacks, water, Gatorade etc.
We have also been throwing around the idea of making a camping spot at the farm with an outdoor shower and port a potty.
So my questions are:
1. What kinds of items besides the obvious what items would be good to offer? I was thinking some small first aid items and even some fresh produce. We have strawberries right now that rock. We were thinking about expanding into offering lunch items such as sandwiches. Any thought on this?
2. If we offered camping space with access to a shower, free wifi, bike repair tools, camp fire site, and other basic camping amenities, what would people be willing to pay? This would also include breakfast with farm fresh eggs.
3. My wife is also a massage therapist, would people be interested in massage and yoga?
4. Do people often take detours off of the route or do they stay a couple of days? There are other very pretty rides close to us that are not on the routes map and there are other activities close by.
5. Other than signs on the road to the farm, where is a good place to offer our services and are there other homes or places that cater to bikers?
Thank you so much and any help is appreciated.