Author Topic: Donate to ACA through Amazon (no cost to you)  (Read 262 times)

Offline John Nettles

Donate to ACA through Amazon (no cost to you)
« on: March 02, 2015, 10:49:59 am »
Normally, I hate fundraisers but I enjoy both Amazon and ACA so I thought I would let you know about this.

Today, I had the option to use "AmazonSmile" http://smile.amazon.com/gp/charity/about.html/ref=pe_830720_114782360_smi_em_wel_ft_abt so I could donate to ACA.

From what I gather, if ACA decides to signup, they will get 0.5% of my purchases as a donation.  No additional cost is added to my bill, no special codes to enter every time*, etc.

If ACA chooses not to accept the donations or you prefer a different charity you can change at anytime.  There are a surprising number of local small charities also.

This is what AmazonSmile is:
"AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to your favorite charitable organization. You can choose from nearly one million organizations to support."

*=The big caveat is that you have to begin the Amazon purchase (after you have signed up with AmazonSmile) with the smile.amazon.com website (as opposed to the regular amazon.com website).  I just changed my bookmark so it is no big deal.

Also, be sure to search for "adventure cycling" on the link as there are a few "primary" organizations so you have to search for ACA and select it instead.

Please note, I am not affiliated with Amazon or ACA other than a heavy user of Amazon and an avid touring cyclist who has been with Bikecentennial/ACA since the magazine was printed on newspaper-type paper (way back in the 70s which would be a really cool way to celebrate the 50th year by printing that issue in newspaper stock but I digress).

I hope ACA signs up (ACA, please let us know if you decide NOT to and why) and that you consider ACA if you use Amazon.
Happy trails and may the wind be at your back!
John

Offline JMilyko

Re: Donate to ACA through Amazon (no cost to you)
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 02:08:45 pm »
Hi John,

Good news! Your purchase through AmazonSmile should get credited to us. We signed up last autumn:

http://www.adventurecycling.org/resources/blog/support-adventure-cycling-through-amazonsmile/

Thanks for posting about it on the Forums. Obviously, not everyone saw the blog entry. =)

.Jenn.
*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Jennifer H. Milyko
Adventure Cycling Association
Inspiring and empowering people to travel by bicycle.
800/755-2453, 406/721-1776 x205
www.adventurecycling.org

Follow Routes & Mapping on Twitter: @acaroutes

Offline John Nettles

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 02:12:27 pm »
Heck, as much as I use Amazon, it will be like a double or triple membership each year.  Hope it helps you guys out.  John
Happy trails and may the wind be at your back!
John

Offline JMilyko

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 09:04:11 am »
Many thanks in advance to you, John!

.Jennifer.
*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Jennifer H. Milyko
Adventure Cycling Association
Inspiring and empowering people to travel by bicycle.
800/755-2453, 406/721-1776 x205
www.adventurecycling.org

Follow Routes & Mapping on Twitter: @acaroutes