Bicycle Travel > Gear Talk

help choosing a bike

<< < (2/4) > >>

indyfabz:
We have taken our LHTs (off the shelf) on and off road with no problems whatsoever. Don't know about the others, but the LHT comes in a wide variety of sizes.

jblaw27:
I'm about to leave on Anacortes to Glacier on my 1976 (bought new) Raleigh International. The LHT seems closest to the classic.

Jim

zonesystempro:
Hey guys,
I know there are some great bikes to purchase from a variety of dealers with most of their bikes being built out of North America. Why not have a custom bike built instead? You'll not only get everything you want with a selection of components but also a bike that is sized to your body. I'm going this route within the next few months. Your custom purchase will help the local economy as well. I guess if you're in a rush, a store purchase is your only option.

Mike

DaveB:

--- Quote from: zonesystempro on July 21, 2012, 10:43:31 am --- Why not have a custom bike built instead?
--- End quote ---
Simple answer for most of us; $$$.

goalie:
I am very satisfied with the LHT that I purchased last year.  Not only is the price right, but it rides well for me under load.  FWIW, I carry about 35 pounds of stuff with me.  I am torn over whether to be sad that I got the 700 wheels instead of 26 inch wheels, or the canti's instead of the new disc brakes, but, in the end, it does what I need it to do, and it does it comfortably.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version