Author Topic: Atlanta, GA to Miami, FL  (Read 1727 times)

Offline Erick

Atlanta, GA to Miami, FL
« on: September 08, 2012, 03:42:19 am »
Can anyone share a route I may be able to take from Atlanta, GA to Miami, FL?

Offline Fred Hiltz

Re: Atlanta, GA to Miami, FL
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 07:20:04 am »

Offline litespeed

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 08:31:40 pm »
I have done Holiday, FL (near St. Pete) to Savannah numerous times. If you can make it to Savannah you could head south on 17 (a good bicycling road albeit not very scenic) to Yulee, FL, just over the line. Then go east on A1A and down the coast. I have never been south of Ormond Beach on a bicycle but I love A1A that far. You are rarely without shoulders or parallel trails except in the towns. And bopping along the shore is very pleasant with frequent ocean views and plenty of services.

I'm a big fan of paralleling interstates as there is usually little traffic. You might consider going alongside 75 and 16 to Savannah although I would skirt Macon. It's a tough town to bicycle through.

Offline Erick

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 10:13:12 pm »
Thank you everyone for your input...will keep you posted on the route that I take on this trip.

Offline wbst31

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 08:15:00 pm »
Georgia State DOT has a great bicycle road map for the state here:

http://www.dot.state.ga.us/travelingingeorgia/bikepedestrian/Pages/Maps.aspx

This gives you information on a route out of Atlanta to the South to connect with the ACA's Atlantic route.

Offline Westinghouse

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 08:13:35 am »
Road maps are good enough for that. From Jacksonville Beach, FL use barrier islands. You have to get off the islands to go around most inlets. It will take you to Miami Beach. Turn right and there you are.