Bicycle Travel > Gear Talk

What is the best telephone & telephone service for cross country touring.."

<< < (2/3) > >>

Some Guy Ridin:
I looked at the coverage maps for Verizon and Sprint. Sprint claims to provide better coverage, per the maps. Does anyone have any experience with Sprint ?

staehpj1:

--- Quote from: Some Guy Ridin on December 21, 2012, 01:12:08 pm ---I looked at the coverage maps for Verizon and Sprint. Sprint claims to provide better coverage, per the maps. Does anyone have any experience with Sprint ?

--- End quote ---
Yeah, my experience is that their coverage was pathetic when I had a work supplied phone on the Sprint network.   That wasn't too long ago so I doubt it has changed much.

John Nelson:
We used to have Sprint. We were without service in many areas that the coverage map claimed to serve. We got fed up with it.

aRoudy1:
The best coverage I've found in the rural areas of MT, ND, SD, WY and UT has been US Cellular; also along the WA and OR coasts.

Westinghouse:
I used a cheapo cell phone from Wal Mart on the southern tier from FL to CAL. There were two places I could not get a connection, Ocala National Forest in Florida, and Jacumba east of Pine Valley, California.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version