Bicycle Travel > General Discussion

Traffic burnout?

<< < (3/3)

MrBent:
Cool, John.  I'll be 51 in March.  I love biking, but hiking and climbing are biggies in my life, especially the rock.  It satisfies in a way that biking never can.

@Bogiesan:  Yes, Oregon--except for the coastal route--has lots of great cycling options, especially the eastern portion of the state.  I did a tour last year that came into Oregon from NE Cali near Lava Beds Nat'l Monument then cut east to Lakeview then over the Warner Mtns. and south.  That big loop, about 500 miles starting and ending in Susanville, CA, is one of my favorite tours of all time.  Very light traffic.  We rode it in late May.  That is a route I'll likely repeat.

Cheerz,

Scott

staehpj1:

--- Quote from: MrBent on January 25, 2013, 06:58:16 am ---Yes, Oregon--except for the coastal route--has lots of great cycling options, especially the eastern portion of the state.

--- End quote ---

I was kind of surprised reading that since I thought the Oregon Coast was awesome, then I remembered this was a "Traffic burnout" thread.  I did find the state to be a great cycle touring state.

MrBent:
Yeah, parts of the coast in summer get 5,000 to 10,000 cars a day.  Ugh!!!!

MrBent

jamawani:
Mr. B -

Are you aware that the Canadian national parks in the Rockies allow cyclists on many two-track forest roads within the park?  In both Jasper and Yoho you can bike deep into the wilderness and set up camp - then hike or climb from there.  The Upper Athabasca River is awesome.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version