Bicycle Travel > General Discussion

When You Are the Only Cyclist in the Family

<< < (2/2)

Zag98:
I appreciate the insight and suggestions. It will indeed take time to find the right balance. I look forward to all that is to come.

live4it:
I"m kind of in the same situation. My family always comes first and and as we all know bikes are not real friendly on the "parts" my hobby had to be put to rest for a little bit, and still is although I'm finally back on a spinning machine at least. My wife loves to bike although I like going out on a sunday ride with her, my idea of real ridding is much different. I thought buying a new bike updating from my old one would give me motivation, and it has, but family plans put things on hold another year (not that i'm complaining). for me, the hardest part of getting back in the saddle is finding someone with the same motivation and skill level to ride with.

johnsondasw:
Even in the busiest times when the kids were little, I always set up one 3-day weekend tour with my buddies every spring.  It makes a real difference when you know that it's going to happen and it's been reserved months in advance.  We also did a lot of hiking, but that was easier to arrange because we could carry the kids (at least when they were small enough). 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version