Bicycle Travel > General Discussion

New to cycling and taking a loop around America

<< < (2/5) > >>

Teepee Tommy:
I hope to just miss the heat. As for my time frame, I can take 4 months or 4 years. Not in a hurry.  I will have a facebook page just for the trip. I am not much of a blog or journal guy.

staehpj1:

--- Quote from: Teepee Tommy on January 30, 2013, 06:42:56 pm ---Here is a picture of my setup.

--- End quote ---
Nice looking rig, but I have to say that I am a little surprised.  It looks like a lot of bag space for 11 pounds of backpacking gear.  That must be  4 or 5 pounds of bags.  Did you decide to go heavier or are the bags mostly empty?

Teepee Tommy:
Only one bag is filled. I weighed every thing today and with 2 days food and the bag weight I am at 19 LBS. I got some tools and 3 tubes stuffed in there also.

jimbo:
Tommy, I met  an AT thru hiker (Pacific crest also) on the Northern Tier last summer. He was a novice touring cyclist but made the transition easily. He also was an ultralight gear guy. Look up Turbo ( Brandon Gabel) on FB.

Teepee Tommy:
Hi, Jimbo. I want to say I think I will get in full swing after a few weeks. The only thing I can really say is some of the best adventures are the ones you go into knowing nothing about.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version