Author Topic: For Sale: Nitto B825AA Butterfly Alloy Touring Handlebars Silver--NEW  (Read 1419 times)

Offline msrw

Multi position bar designed for touring/commuting/comfort, handmade to the highest quality by Nitto in Japan.

Features:

Silver Alloy, heat treated

25.4mm stem clamp diameter

Width: 540mm, centre to centre

Reach: 165mm

Butterfly type trekking/touring bars are popular with European long distance cyclists because this type of handlebar has two unique advantages:

1.   Similar to drop bars, butterfly bars offer a wide range of hand positions, which makes for greater hand comfort on long rides; and

2.   Unlike drop bars, butterfly bars allow a more upright more comfortable position on the bike, for greater visibility, easier ability to look around while riding, less neck and/or back pain etc.

Nitto trekking bars are different from other trekking bars.  Compared Modolo or Kalloy trekking bars, the bends and hand positions with the Nitto B825AA bars are dramatically different.  The Nitto design leads to significantly more long distance comfort—if you look at the bends in the bar and think about how you’d need your hands to be positioned, it’s easy to see why the Nitto design is simply better than other butterfly type handlebars.  Nitto B825AA bars are also less wide than other butterfly type bars, and considerably lighter in weight because they’re heat treated.

Nitto B825AA bars tend to be difficult to find and somewhat expensive—retail is around US$ 100. 

Will sell these bars for US$ 80, with free shipping in the continental U.S. 

Will ship worldwide at buyer’s expense for shipping charges.

Please let us know if we need to provide any additional information. 

Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 12:07:07 am by msrw »

Offline amsocrates

Re: For Sale: Nitto B825AA Butterfly Alloy Touring Handlebars Silver--NEW
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 01:28:00 am »
I am interested in this bar.  Is there any hope of posting a picture of it or a close facsimile.

Offline msrw

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 12:02:01 am »
Amsocrates,

Thanks for your note.

There are a handful of pictures at this link:

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/bik/3657125848.html

Best regards,

Mark
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 12:11:04 am by msrw »

Offline amsocrates

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 03:16:06 am »
Thanks for the additional information.  It was what I needed to make a decision.
I will take it.  Just inform me where to send the currency to.

Offline msrw

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 10:53:38 pm »
Thank you, Amsocrates.  I just sent you a private message with the particulars.  I would be happy to sell the bars to you.