Author Topic: Anyone touring the entire Pacific Coast Highway this summer?  (Read 823 times)

Offline bouldernick

Anyone touring the entire Pacific Coast Highway this summer?
« on: March 21, 2013, 12:51:14 pm »
I'm a bikepacker myself and do PR work for several brands in cycling. I'm looking for a cyclist who will be touring the entire Pacific Coast Highway this summer. Direction doesn't matter. Nor does timing too much. Ability to take a photo and write effectively does though. A bit of personality and a spirit of adventure also go a long way (in most things for that matter!).

One of the brands I represent is looking to sponsor that cyclist with product and a small stipend to help with travel expenses. In return we'll ask for weekly blog posts, photos for social media and some video work to help promote your adventure and the brand. If interested, please let me know! The clock is ticking. Ideally we could sort this out fairly quickly. We're hoping to have you to an event with 5 other sponsored cyclists from April 4-7th. But that's not a deal breaker if you can't make it.

Thank for reading. Please reply with your email if interested. Happy trails everyone!

Nick

Offline travelinjo

Re: Anyone touring the entire Pacific Coast Highway this summer?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 06:13:50 pm »
Yes, I will be cycling the pacific coast hwy, but coming up here pretty soon. I will be leaving from Carlsbad, NM tomorrow, heading for the coast, then traveling north along PCH. I am traveling on a recumbent tricycle, so the pace is pretty slow. I do have a website and will be taking photos and writing on my blog. I would surely find a sponsor handy as the travel continues around the perimeter of the US. It will take me close to 10 months. I am throwing in a little case study research. My website is:
www.travelinjo.com

Thank you. This is my first time on the forum and this was the first message I opened.
Next, to ask questions---I will post a question on routing here momentarily.
Thank you!
Jo

Offline djunarose

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 12:33:36 am »
A trip down the length of the PCH sounds perfect! I am already planning an August trip from Seattle to San Francisco and would happily extend the route on both ends. My calendar is open - both this month and this summer - and I'm ready for adventures. If the sponsor opportunity still exists, I can be reached by email at TRErelease@gmail.com.

A few of my writing samples can be found on a blog I kept briefly several years ago: www.wildflowerjess.blogspot.com. I am more than happy to offer more examples of my writing and share more about who I am and what I do. I look forward to being in touch.

Cheers!
Jessica
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 04:44:54 pm by djunarose »

Offline bouldernick

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 11:01:37 am »
Thanks for the replies! I've found a great candidate and am moving forward with the project.