Author Topic: WANTED: Bike for shorter rider + touring accessories  (Read 869 times)

Offline helix_aspersa

WANTED: Bike for shorter rider + touring accessories
« on: April 04, 2013, 02:52:08 pm »
Hey there!

My friend and I are hoping to set off on a cross-country bike jaunt this summer, and she's looking for a suitable steed. She's about 5'1, so frame sizes 50cm and under would be ideal.

I'm also trying to round up some fenders, racks, panniers, mirrors and lights for her, so if anyone has these to sell please drop me a line!

Also looking to buy Great Rivers and Northern Tier map sets.

Thanks in advance!

Offline tmoritz

Re: WANTED: Bike for shorter rider + touring accessories
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 04:32:44 pm »
If you are looking at new bikes then then take a look at the Surly Long Haul Trucker built around 26" wheels, here's the link: http://surlybikes.com/bikes/long_haul_trucker .  You might find one used but that would be extremely good luck. 

Offline helix_aspersa

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 05:27:41 pm »
Many thanks for the suggestion, that's exactly what I have -- a tiny little 42cm one. Pedaled it along the TransAm last summer and I just adore it. My friend's on a bit of a budget, regrettably, so we're trying to find something second hand if we possibly can.

Offline kayakbikerun

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 10:47:31 pm »
I have a blue Surly Long Haul Trucker for sale-46 cm frame, 26" wheels ( I am 5'2").  It's a great, solid touring bike that got me up and down the mountain of Colorado in 2011.  Selling because I still prefer my custom made Bob Jackson touring bike  :)

Offline ozonebikes

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 03:43:49 pm »
Hello, I wanted to chime in on this post and mention that I have a great bike to take a look at. I have attached a link:

http://2k12.konaworld.com/road.cfm?content=sutra

This bike goes for $1000.00

This bike rocks and comes fully equipped to tour. If you are interested just send me a mail. Cheers!