Author Topic: Looking for buddy to bike across US in Sep 2013 (West to east coast)  (Read 987 times)

Offline toysrtommy

Hello everyone
I'm planning for a biking trip this Sep (2013), starting from San francisco bay area to East coast, likely biking to San Diego, and then taking the southern tier route, which ends at Florida. The whole trip is about 50 - 60 days.

Biking across america has been my dream and passion, and its excites me  every single day.

If you're t ooexcited about doing something very special in your life, something you can be proud of and fond of memory for rest of your life,  please msg me and see if we can partner on the trip.

P.S. a bit about myself -- I work in High-tech industry and live in bay area, in my mid 20's. Have some intl travel experience, bike and run regularly (but will certainly need much more biking training in next 5 months)

Any experiences sharing are much appreciated too!!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 07:59:41 pm by toysrtommy »

Offline brentafer

Re: Looking for buddy to bike across US in Sep 2013 (West to east coast)
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 07:21:36 pm »
Hey dude,
I think you and I could work something out. Im leaving in August to talk the JMT but have to be done by September because thats all my permit is good for. Ive been trying to find someone to ride across the states with, west to east, for a few month now! When are you planning to leave? Are you camping, couch surfing, warm showers, or staying in hostels? I live up a few hours north of you so maybe we could even do some training. Get back to me asap!

Offline djzack

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 07:28:13 pm »
I am starting the Southern Tier on September 5, 2013.  Any chance you could be there by then in San Diego?  I am planning on taking life on the bike road as it comes and am not in any hurry at all.  I want to be sure to "stop and smell the roses" along the way.  I think it will take me about 55 days to complete.  A little about myself.  I am in my late 40's and have had a passion for cycling for about 15 years.  I have worked in the technology field for the past 25 years and left it for the good life in Maui, HI.  I have traveled internationally for business and love the outdoors.  This bike trip has been on my radar for about 8 years and now is the time.  Let me know if this would work out.  I would love the opportunity to ride with you for some or all of the trip.

Offline Glamis Sand Dunes support

• Trail Boss
  • Host/ Meals / ST/ Hwy 78 / El Centro to Blythe
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 06:09:49 pm »
Call ahead to set up hosts for your trip. Either with Adventure Cycling or with warmshowers.org.

Nancy  host on ST  Glamis Sand Dunes support