Cargo confirmed! So New York City will be our starting point, leaving mid-june ...
Thanks again for the very useful tips concerning NY, BC (or Canada) and the Northern Tier.
This is the route I am thinking of at the moment:
- from New York to Albany (read below)
- from Albany to Buffalo following the Erie Canal (NY State Canalway Trail)
- from Fort Erie to Wolf Lake along the ACA Erie Connector
- from Wolf Lake to Osceola along the ACA North Lakes (Manitowoc alternate)
- from Osceola to Whitefish along the ACA Northern Tier
- from Whitefish tot Jasper along the ACA Great Parks North
And then, two options from Jasper to Vancouver ...
If we have enough time (as suggested by geegee):
- from Jasper to Prince Rupert following the Yellowhead Highway
- take the Inside Passage ferry to Port Hardy
If time is rather short:
- the route as recommended by Norsmann
I would avoid Route 9 in New York if you can. It is a very busy road. I would not follow closely NY State Bike Routes. They use too much busy roads.
I would certainly appreciate an alternate route to State Bike Route 9.
And is there a store in NYC where I can find the ACA or other bicycle maps?
Here in Belgium these are not easy to find and shipping time could be to long.