Author Topic: Did you ride the Northern Tier self-contained?  (Read 826 times)

Offline ALipsey

Did you ride the Northern Tier self-contained?
« on: October 04, 2013, 12:00:26 pm »
Hi all,

Amanda here at the Adventure Cycling office. I spoke with a member yesterday who isn't too technologically inclined and asked if we could connect him with someone who rode the Northern Tier self-contained, not on a guided tour. The member is preparing to ride the Northern Tier himself next summer and wants to consult with someone who has done it in the past few years. Is there anyone here who has rode the Northern Tier who wouldn't mind connected via email or telephone with this member?

Contact me directly at alipsey@adventurecycling.org or you can call me at 406-532-2775.

Thank you all for helping another rider out!

Amanda

Offline John Nelson

Re: Did you ride the Northern Tier self-contained?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 12:49:55 pm »
I rode the Northern Tier, with the North Lakes and Lake Erie Connector variation, solo and self-supported in the summer of 2012. If you PM me with this persons email address, I'd be glad to contact him.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 12:52:15 pm by John Nelson »

Offline travellingfoxes

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, 12:21:37 pm »
Gday John

Ken and Jules here! We are looking at doing the nothern tier with northern lakes and lake erie next year commencing April, do you have a blog for us to look at or or are there any 'must do' or 'must don't' tips that you would recommend after your experience.

Any advice/ideas would be greatly appreciated

Ken and Jules
Travellingfoxes

Offline John Nelson

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2013, 09:31:46 pm »
Ken and Jules, I already addressed some of your questions in one of your other posts here. My Northern Tier blog is at http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/goingback.