Author Topic: Randonnée Vienne-Nantes - May-July 2014  (Read 867 times)

Offline Wirelizard

Re: Randonnée Vienne-Nantes - May-July 2014
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2014, 12:50:34 pm »
I just got an email from Marc saying I've had a place reserved for me in the ride!

Now to start seriously figuring out plane tickets and such... there are worse problems to have.

Seriously excited to be in Vienna at the end of May!  :)

Offline trailrunner

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2014, 12:59:56 pm »
Yes I got it too...I am one of three that are going together. I have been communicating with another fellow also. He said Marc said that paypal was OK to use. So I sent my registration money for all 3 of us via paypal this AM  :-X....right before the email ! I am not sure why they don't say to use paypal...no charge on your end and very very small on theirs.I added 3 euros to cover charge...paypal shows the charge so you can adjust amount. I will use it to send all fees to them. Good Luck..look forward to meeting you !!!  I am going to try and preorder boxes from Air france or KLM to be at the Atlanta airport..they are big and allow only turning bars and pedal removal. Any tips you have will be appreciated. Thanks for the note.c

Offline Wirelizard

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2014, 12:57:26 am »
I sent my deposit off to AF3V a couple weeks ago, got an email from them three or four days later saying they'd gotten it.

I'll chuck the rest of the money at them later in March or April, right now I want to get my airfare booked and paid for first. I ran into an old friend I hadn't seen for ages and it turns out he works for Air Canada as a gate agent, and he mentioned being able to swing me a discount code for AC - who are already my cheapest option to get from BC to Europe! Even better, AC is only $50 Cdn for a bike as baggage, and Victoria-Toronto-Frankfurt-Vienna/Paris-Toronto-Victoria is the sanest routing I've found that doesn't go through the US - nobody flies direct from Canada to Vienna for anything less than stupid $$$, it seems, and I won't fly through the States if I can possibly avoid it... your TSA is best avoided.

Also officially told work I'd be off for seven weeks; the response there was "We'll look forward to seeing the postcards!", which is good!

Brian.

Offline trailrunner

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2014, 06:35:06 am »
Sounds like you have a plan. I was told by another person that AF3V would take pay pal so sent all my papers in for the 3 of us that are going and sent the membership dues by pay pal . Sent them an email that said what I did. Never heard anything. Sent another email..nada. Then I get a note that says we got your papers and you are excepted but..where is the money...duh...I sent it pay pal..no we don't have it. I called pay pal..yes they have an acct an yes they have it. Finally this past week..one month after I sent the money...I get a note...OH you are right !! We have it , you sent it pay pal :)  Yes...I told you I did. Well they said thank you but DON'T do it again. So I will wire our money like you say in April most likely as I don't quite have all of it. We have an apt for the 3 of us in Vienna. It was quite inexpensive on VRBO and is in the historic district and has a washer/dryer and lovely kitchen and views. Great reviews and I heard back from him very quickly when I used.....drum roll....Pay Pal ! Yeah. We are flying KLM...it is only one hr stop in Paris from Atlanta on the way and nonstop from Amsterdam on the way home. Price was only a small amount more than others are paying for lots more stops etc. We are taking the train from Nantes to Amsterdam at the end of the AF3V ride and will be using Warm Showers to ride all over Holland till Aug 5th. I will likely be ready to come home by then !!   

Keep me posted as to your plans. Look forward to meeting you .  Thank you for posting back. c