Here are five common options:
1. Ship it to a bike shop. Typically you pay them to unpack, reassemble and check over the bike. In return, they hold it for you.
2. Join Warm Showers and/or Couch Surfing. Contact a host in the area and ask if you can ship it to their home.
3. Buy the ACA map covering Sacramento (that would be the Western Express Section #1 Map). Look in the resource directory for churches, fire stations, homes, etc. that offer hospitality services in the area. Contact them to see if you can ship it to one of those.
4. If you are planning to spend the first night in Sacramento, contact your accommodation to see if you can ship the bike there.
5. Take the bike with you on the plane. Only reasonable if you fly a bike-friendly airline (i.e., Frontier or Southwest).