Author Topic: Pedalcycling across USA from Boston to Seattle within 20 Days  (Read 511 times)

Offline GouH

Pedalcycling across USA from Boston to Seattle within 20 Days
« on: February 18, 2014, 03:47:54 pm »
I am a Chinese tea fan as well as an amateur roadcyclist.I have a dream of pedalcycling across from Boston to Seattle.The reason of starting from Boston is for the sake of Boston Tea Party which triggered American Revolution, I am interested in Niagara Falls and the Light of Days Organic teas in Traverse city and Yellow Stone Park etc..
I will appreciate people who give me good advice on this routes and lodgings along the way ,some Chinese better tea will be shared with you if possible.
I have posted in the Sina blog in English:http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_8a56b2050101i1jn.html ,where you can see the planned routes and my ideas of this tour.
You can communicate with me at Instagram where my name is xinlingyidian which being just registered yesterday, as you may know,this is the only way for me to communicate with American in China at time being.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 04:18:14 pm by GouH »

Offline GouH

Re: Pedalcycling across USA from Boston to Seattle within 20 Days
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 04:20:09 pm »
Cycling for Inner Strength
---As a Plan of Pedal-Cycling Across USA from Boston to Seattle

A chance to challenge myself, an attempt to pedal-cycling for inner strength, a route of experiencing such American spirit as Freedom、Leisure、Truth、Contract、Discovery、Nature、Persistence、Health as well as Happiness etc. A dream for an amateur pedal-cyclist to ride across the United States from Boston to Seattle.

Planned Date: Alternative June/July/August 2014 up to the weather

Planned Route:
  Preparing exercise from Washington to Boston via Philadelphia/ New York /Stanford /Plymouth, which way will take 3 days;

Pedal-cycling from Boston to Seattle,mainly along with US20 via Niagara Falls/ Chicago/ Yellowstone Park, which way will take about 20 days.

Brief Introduction of pedal-cyclist:
  My Chinese name is (Mr.)Gou Huanqiang, whose internet name is @xinlingyidian, who was born in April 1967, graduated from Nanchang University in 1989 with four-year majoring in jourlist,then doing foreign business for more than 20 years.I have indulged myslf in pedal-cycling for nearly ten years with cycling miles more than 100,000kms.

By the way of cylcing year by year, I have enjoyed myself in the beauty of sporting life and the happiness of health, more importantly and fantanstically, I had successfully lost weight from 95kgs to 75kgs by cycling.

Pedal-cycling Adventures:
Pedal-cycling nearly 900kms around Jiaodong Peninsula Shandong Province within 3 days in summer,all the way drank Competitor 2nd GYM Drink.
  http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_8a56b20501012tul.html

Pedal-cycling more than 1000kms around Shandong & Jiangsu Province within 5 days in winter, all the way drank salty hot water.
  http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_8a56b205010131lr.html

Pedal-cycling 8500kms around Northeastern Three-Province of China wthin 38 days, all the way drank Competitor 2nd GYM Drink.
  http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_8a56b20501017bxn.html

Pedal-cycling nearly15000kms within 100 days along the way of Famous World Black Tea, all the way drank black tea.
  http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_8a56b2050101fyt6.html

On the threshold of 2014 pedal-cycling across USA from Boston to Seattle, i will have vegans/teas/red bull etc.
  http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_8a56b2050101i1jn.html

6.2015 pedal-cycling around Australia

7.2016 pedal-cycling acound Europe

Purpose of Pedal-cycling USA:
1.Displaying the fun of cycling to wellness and practising the idea of Sportea™ Drinking good tea plus more often sporting to get rid of diseases by the way of sweating away viruses.

Low carbon touring USA plus vegans to protect Earth, one of the best way is cycling.

Promoting American culture as follows e.g.:
*Washingtong: Freedom is not free. Date with President Abama?
*A story about Philadelphia: Legal institutions vs morality in the United States
*New York: Tea Life in Metropolitan by visiting Teavana and SanctuaryT
*Stanford: A legend of founding of Stanford University
*Plymouth: Plymouth Stone, American spirit of contract
*Boston: Boston Tea Party with American Revolution
*Niagara Falls: Miracle of Nature
*Chicago: Episode of Great Lakes,Organics from Lightofday in Traverse
*Yellowstone Park: Armageddon from here’s volcanic eruption?
*Seattle: Micro vs Chinses Tea Culture,Paul Stanets’s six ways of saving the planet by fungi,date with Bill Gates?

Raising fund for Qingdao Sportea Aid Foundation, I am the originator of this foundation which main aim is to promote Sportea’s healthy idea---Drinking good tea plus more often sporting to get rid of diseases by the way of sweating away viruses.
The foundation will offer freely the healthier tea to teamates, meanwhile encourage the teamates go to the open air to sport more often.

5.Nothing is impossible. I can. You can. We can!
Are you a sedentary person? Stand up, come on, go to cycle in the open air to enjoy yourself!

Sponsor requirements:
A carbon roadbike with standard cranket, three sets of low wind-resisiting cycling clothes.
Title sponsorship is welcome.
Any amout of donation for Sportea Aid Foundation to the following bank account will be appreciated sincerely:
Name: Gou Huanqiang
Bank: Bank of China
A/N: 5248 6537 9560 5648
Anyone who donate money to this account,please send your detailed mail address to email: xinlingyidian@gmail.com, so that a parcel of Sportea™ tea pack will be arranged to mail you later as a reward.

Contact details:
Cellphone: 13906428901
Weixin: 18661440400
QQ: 115464158
Sina Weibo: @xinlingyidian
Email: xinlingyidian@gmail.com
Instagram: xinlingyidian
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 07:16:47 am by GouH »

Offline John Nelson

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 04:53:11 pm »
Wow, that's certainly a challenge, about 170 miles a day. I don't know anybody who's done that outside the Race Across America, but your prior adventures indicate that it's not that far outside your experiences. I'll sure be interested in hearing how it comes out! Good luck to you!

Offline GouH

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 07:14:37 am »
Thank you for your encouraging me and interest in my challenge.I will do my best to accomplish it...