Author Topic: Across U.S.A  (Read 303 times)

Offline Highland27

Across U.S.A
« on: February 22, 2014, 12:03:53 am »
Hi,
Most likely 2015 but could be 2016 depending on family life though will try to fit it in before get to much older.
Boston to San Francisco with Chicago and Yellowstone as part of the journey. My 23 year daughter is joining me on this although she has not cycle toured before she is a very strong rider, I have cycled across Europe 35 years age, Portland OR to Pullman WA a few years back (great ride) and two years ago Perth to Sydney, very hot but it was so good to know I could still do a trip like that. After that last big ride the U.S.A looked like a good next step.Most of this will be tenting, starting in May, ending when we make it. Only two questions, does adventure cycling maps cover near to this rout across? Are we approaching this the right way? We will be thankful for any advice and if anyone want info on NZ just ask.

Cheers
Colin

Offline John Nelson

Re: Across U.S.A
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 10:10:31 am »
Check out the Adventure Cycling system map to see how much of it you can use on this trip.

http://adventurecycling.org/routes-and-maps/adventure-cycling-route-network/interactive-network-map/