Author Topic: Route 66 - Sullivan to Marshfield Mo  (Read 568 times)

Offline Ben the Slow

Route 66 - Sullivan to Marshfield Mo
« on: March 11, 2014, 11:22:24 pm »
I will head south on GSR to link up with the TA.  Thought I would break off GSR where it meets route 66 (near Sullivam Mo) and join up with the TA at Marshfield Mo.

Anyone have experience on this section?  More specifically do you know where I can find topographical details of this route segment?  Want to see what kind of terrain I am heading into.

Thanks

Offline John Nettles

Re: Route 66 - Sullivan to Marshfield Mo
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 11:27:19 pm »
While I do not have topo maps, I have driven the I-40 numerous times between Tulsa and St. Louis.  The route you want is in the hear of the Ozarks so you will be either going up 300 foot in elevation or down 300 foot in elevation.  It gets a little better toward Marshfield.

If you are concerned about hills, I would suggest you take the Katy Trail to Clinton and from there I can get you a detailed cue sheet to Girard, KS.  Much flatter.  Only a day or two of a few noteworthy hills.

Happy Riding, John
Happy trails and may the wind be at your back!
John

Offline Ben the Slow

Re: Route 66 - Sullivan to Marshfield Mo
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 11:33:59 pm »
Thanks for the offer John.  I looked into the Katy (which looks like a hoot) but could not figure out how to get back onto the TA from Clinton.  I have been hunting on the Web for highway topo info...no joy so far.  Please send your cue sheet to cryptic18yo@gmail.com