Bicycle Travel > General Discussion

PLEASE HELP

(1/2) > >>

Patrice:
Hello everyone

I was wondering if someone could please help me find out some infomation. I am planning my Tour of the US leaving England in just under 10 weeks. I have sorted out my visa etc but there is one thing left which I need to sort out...bike insurance. I have tried sorting this out in England but because I will be away for 6 months no British insurance companies will cover me for such an extended period outside of England. Does anyone know of the names of any American insurance firms who would insure me for a tour of of the States? Please help!

jnorth:
the last thing you want to do is get involved with the american (non)system. doesn't your coverage have a foreign plan?? my only suggestion for US insurance is "blue cross catastrophic" insurance. this is for accidents and any hospital fees relating to accidents. not cheap! other countries are much more cicilized about this sort of thing.
regards-janet

dano:
Bike insurance?Never heard of it.

DaveB:
It's not clear what you want to insure. Do you want health and accident insurance to cover you if you are injured or get sick?  Or do you want insurance to cover theft or damage to your bicycle?

driftlessregion:
A Google search of "trip insurance" brought up several sites that will either sell and/or compare types of insurance. If you own a car or have homeowner's insurance check with your insurance companies for coverage of the bike itself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version