Author Topic: Help needed in Tucson  (Read 1763 times)

Offline lionelpoggio

Help needed in Tucson
« on: October 09, 2006, 09:38:18 pm »
Hello,
I'm travelling around the world on a bike, started in Switzerland and went across Eastern Europe and Russia and later took a flight to Anchorage. I'm currently in Tucson, Arizona but I will fly back on October 11 to Switzerland for a short visit to my family and friends and come back to Tucson October 24 to go further south...
I had a contact here but I'm unable to reach him now... so i'm looking for someone who would be kind enough to keep my bike, trailer and part of my equipement for the time I'm travelling back to Switzerland...
Anyone can help me in Tucson? Or any idea how to deal with the situation?
Thanks in advance,
Lionel
email: lionel@lionelpoggio.ch

Offline litespeed

Help needed in Tucson
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 01:00:56 am »
No problem. Just go to any storage outfit and rent their smallest unit  usually about 5' by 8' or 10'. It's a one month minimum and will cost you about $30. You'll need your own padlock. Just put your bicycle in it the day before your flight and get a motel that night. When you return go straight to the storage unit and ride off on your bike.
   On my tours I bicycle tour a month at a time, flying home for two weeks and returning to continue my travels. I get free plane tickets so I can afford to do this. Last year I did three stages: Home in Florida to Lubbock TX to Wichita Ks via Utah and on home.