Author Topic: burley trailers in winter  (Read 1682 times)

bobbirob22

burley trailers in winter
« on: November 15, 2008, 09:19:48 pm »
ive got a bob ibex but am looking for something to haul bulky items like a blanket, sleep pad, tent,etc, to take  on camping trips. ive been looking at the burley nomad and i noticed that burley warns in using the product in below freezing weather (because the rubber peice that connects the trailer to the bike can break) which i will definately be hauling my camp gear in below freezin. have any of you ever used a nomad in below freezing and did the rubber hold up and how much wheight did u have?

ROBERT JENKINS

Offline johnsondasw

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 07:31:30 pm »
If you're worried about that attachment, you can order the alternate attachment through Burley for about $40.  It consists of a different axle spindle and is super easy to hook up.  I've been using one for years because I like to tour using a carbon bike (Specialized Roubaix).  The standard attachment is not recommended for carbon bikes because of the pressure it puts on chain and seat stays.  

May the wind be at your back!
May the wind be at your back!

bobbirob22

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 07:41:56 pm »
thanks for your post, ill check it out but just by chance, if i cant find it online dou you have a link? thanks again...

ROBERT JENKINS

bobbirob22

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 07:49:22 pm »
i checked out the alternative hitch at burleygear.com and it looks like it would still use the rubber piece to attach the trailer to the bike. does anyone have any links to a better trailer other than whats on biketrailershop.com? im looking for a good 2 wheeler similar to the burley but with a better frame and hitch design.

ROBERT JENKINS