Bicycle Travel > GPS Discussion

Delorme Topo USA 5.0

(1/2) > >>

stephen.g.ellis:
Has anyone sucessfully loaded any of the routes into Topo USA?  I have converted the first L&C gpx file to Delorme .anr format using GPS Babel.  The waypoints appear to be correct, but the route is not.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Steve

Fred Hiltz:
Hi Stephen. I created those GPX files, so have a fatherly interest in them. :) Just what went wrong with the routes?

Fred

This message was edited by FredHiltz on 4-26-04 @ 9:27 AM

squirrel:
Not any suggestion, but I have both 1.2.2 and 1.2.3 gpsbabel and as near as I can tell it doesn't write .anr format.

What versionof gpsbabel aare you using and what is the command line you used to perform the conversion?

Thanks,
Carl

squirrel:
After posting my7 previous message I remembered gpsbabel's strange handling of waypts, rtes and trks.

Whatever options you are using, have you tried supplying a 'r'?

By default only waypoints are converted. The 'r' does routes.

TwoWheeledExplorer:
I admit that I am new to being a geek. That being said, what do I need to do to a.) download routes into Topo USA 5.0 and b.) then into my GPS? Is the base model E-trex too unsophistcated to do that? I bought it to use in conjunction with my Magellan 315, because the 315 gives me more info and options, but I can't get a PC cable for it any more, and the E-trex came with a handlebar mouunt.

What do I do to make it all work?

Thanks,
Hans

Hans Erdman, WEMT
Backcountry Trail Patrol
www.trailpatrol.org

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version