Author Topic: CamelPak bladder size and color  (Read 2564 times)

Offline OmahaNeb

CamelPak bladder size and color
« on: February 27, 2005, 02:28:05 am »
I am looking to purchase a new Camelpak.  I currently have a 100 oz. bladder that I use for on and off road use.  My current pack and bladder is big and not streamlined.  I want a more streamlined profile for road use with the addition of a bright color for safety.
I have 2 questions.  
1..Will I find that a 50 oz bladder too small?
2..I have seen on the Camelpak web site, a 70 oz. construction worker neon yellow pack.  Has as anyone used this model of Camelpak.  The design is the same as the military 70 oz pack.  Will this pack ride low enough so as to not restrict my neck and helmet?

Offline roadrunner

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2005, 12:39:36 am »
I use the blaze orange color "construction" model Camelback for summer riding in Arizona and when touring and am very happy with it.  I'm a firm believer in being as visible as possible and think a brightly-colored Camelback makes a lot more sense than the usual dark-colored ones. The 70 oz capacity has always been adequate for me; if not for a full day's riding, it's enough to get to somewhere to refill.  If I think more water might be needed, I add a waterbottle or two.  I prefer that to carrying more on my back.  The construction model Camelbacks aren't as comfortable looking -- no padded shoulder straps, but that's no problem.  My only complaint about the blaze orange model is that over time, the strong Arizona sun fades the color so it isn't as bright.  I tried painting it with blaze orange paint; that brightened it up, but then the paint faded also.  I ended up buying a new blaze orange one.

Offline roadrunner

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2005, 12:42:40 am »
Whoops, didn't answer your last question.  The "construction model" Camelback fits and rides fine; it doesn't interfer with my helmet or restrict any body parts.