Author Topic: UGRR North from Pittsburgh  (Read 5050 times)

Offline 10thgear

UGRR North from Pittsburgh
« on: December 28, 2006, 09:51:02 am »
I am planning a XC Youth Tour in 2007 and want to include the UGRR as a vital part of our last leg from Sandusky, OH to Rhode Island. I have definite stops in Oberlin, Massillion, Bath, and Amherst, OH and would like to include Pittsburgh North. I see on the ACA overview there is a cooridor north out of Pittsburgh. Any other details available for planning purposes? POI and rough route would be useful.

Offline GSullivan

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 01:32:31 pm »
Dear 10thgear -
That's great news! Please be sure to write about your experience in our Ride Registry.

Unfortunately, we've not conducted the research for this spur to the main corridor. The research for that part of the route will be done this spring. We are currently concentrating on getting sections 3 - 5 (north of Owensboro to Canada) ready for the printer and that is taking all of our time and energy.

You may want to contact Bike Pittsburgh at 412-726-5872 as they are very familiar with routes north from Pittsburgh to Erie. I'm sure Scott Bricker would be able to help you. You can get more information about them at www.bike-pgh.org.

Thanks for writing and best of luck with your youth tour!
Ginny Sullivan
New Routes Coordinator

Ginny Sullivan

Offline mbrowne

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 09:11:34 pm »
Greetings 10thgear,

Just wondering if you made contact with Scott Bricker of Bike Pittsburgh as Ginny suggested, and if you were able to route part of your ride through North Pittsburgh?

Mario