Bicycle Travel > Urban Cycling

commuting by bike

<< < (11/11)

Trekgeek:
I have been commuting to work via train and bicycle since March of this year. I ride 2 miles from my home to the VRE (Virginia Railway Express), ride about 40-45 minutes on the train and then get off and ride 7 miles to work. It is working out very well and averages 2 hours door to door including a shower before starting work. I wasn't going to take this new job unless I could stay off I-95 and so far this is great. I average about 100 miles a week riding 5 days as I have time to add a couple of miles going back to the train in the evening. Wx will not be an issue for me as staying off the interstate is a much bigger motivator to ride every day.
I commute using a 2012 Trek 520 with Planet Bike Hybred fenders, Ortleib rear panniers and a Topeak Rack bag.

DeanBean440:
Hello Everyone,
I'm a Student in Industrial Design at the Columbus college of Art and Design. Right now I am working on a senior thesis involving public bicycle parking. Below is a survey that I would love if anybody would fill out. Very interested in feedback, Thanks Everyone!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/F6JQ3Z9

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version