Author Topic: PN-60  (Read 931 times)

Offline deefduke

PN-60
« on: December 19, 2013, 05:27:21 pm »
I am planning on riding across the US this summer. I bought the maps. I recently bought a PN-60 with DeLorme version 10 maps.  I can't figure out how to download the waypoints from Adventure cycling to my GPS. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Offline big_dummy2013

Re: PN-60
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 09:11:26 pm »
I also have the PN-60 great GPS for sure I would call them and let them tell you how to do it.I have called them on my PN-60 and they help me out.If you just send them an e-mail you may not hear from them at all.Calling is the best way.Do you still have the book that came with your pn-60 if so read and re read it.It may tell you how or do a search on the web some will know how.I hope this helps you out a little.

Offline Pat Lamb

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 10:29:29 pm »
It's really not that hard using Topo 10.  I'll assume you've managed to unzip the
.gpx files out of the compressed directory on the AC site.

Open Topo and select a new project.  Click on Route, then use File -> Import, and navigate to the right folder, then open the right .gpx file.  Save it as a file using the New/Edit button on the far left.

Plug in the GPS and turn it on, then click on Handheld Export.  Export the route and store it on the memory card.

I've got the older version, so I'm not sure what the capacity of the PN-60 is.  Mine only takes cards up to 2 Gb, and the full route, with the appropriate state maps, takes almost 6 Gb.  If your unit can't take an 8 Gb card, you'll need 2 x 4 Gb or 3 x 2 Gb to carry the entire route.

FWIW, pfaffing with batteries and routes was more trouble than it was worth for me.  I can only remember 3 places where -- if I had had the GPS on and turned to the right location and track -- it would have kept me from missing or worrying about the right turn.  The AC maps really are that good.

Offline kdc19561954

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 12:49:52 am »
Thanks Pat

Think I will give it a try my self.