Author Topic: LKLM & Krangear  (Read 80 times)

Offline Reinhart Bigl

LKLM & Krangear
« on: August 25, 2014, 01:58:36 pm »
Hi all, been looking around for a good deal on a new or used cromo touring frameset...
In my online travels, I found a company called LKLM Krangear out of China.  They sell touring bikes and accessories.
www.lklm.com
I've never heard of them until now, and there is little if any anicdotal information out there by owners.

Their product looks like it's decent quality (frames are made from Reynolds 725 CroMo tubes, and have all the required brazeons...).

Does anyone here have any experience with this company?  I'm seriously thinking of buying one of their framesets...as the price is right...

Thanks

Reinhart

Offline DaveB

Re: LKLM & Krangear
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 09:41:45 pm »
Have you considered the Surly LHT or Cross Check?  Both are available as frames/forks for under $500 if you shop around and they are a known and respected commodity.

Offline Reinhart Bigl

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 10:28:35 pm »
Yes, the Disc Trucker was my first choice actually,  however here in Canada a frameset runs over 600 new...and not my colour of choice.  I actually attempted to buy a Disc Trucker during the year when the frame colour was black...but was told by Surly that I had to buy the colour they shipped to Canada, green.
Surly has their policy and I have mine...so I'm considering other choices.
The Soma Saga looks good too...however the LKLM is disc ready and has all I need and it seems to be a decent frame...and the price is right.  I just haven't seen much about this frame other than the detailed pics on their website.

Offline DaveB

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 08:50:49 am »
I've seen several of those direct Chinese suppliers web sites.  Most offer carbon racing  frames but I guess some  have steel too.  Generally you take your chances with quality, delivery and getting any potential problems fixed.  They may be fine and reliable but you don't know that until you've sent your money and, if they are not, you have little recourse  Also, know that you will have to pay shipping costs and import duties so the web site posted cost is not the total. 

I looked at their web site and couldn't find any specifics such as geometry, weight, even prices, and knowing about hackers, I wasn't going to poke around too much.  Do you feel lucky?

Offline Reinhart Bigl

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 09:19:34 am »
LOL...sorry, should have directed you to eBay...their frameset is still advertised there...and it's there that the specs are.

I agree that I am taking chances...but the more I search, the more I find...so I was able to find a journal on Crazyguyonabike wherein the writer sports an LKLM bike.

I'm not 100% sold on the LKLM, as the Disc Trucker is still the first choice (just lost a bid on eBay for a used frameset...) but as I poke around at prices, it seems that the LKLM offering will give me the most bike for my buck.  With shipping and the cost (they are willing to accept my CDN$ at par with US$) the frameset comes in at under $500.

Of course, if there is anyone out there that has a 56cm Disc Trucker frameset for sale...