Author Topic: flat pedal shoe combination for all day comfort¡?¡?¡?¡?¡?¡  (Read 405 times)

Offline chrisx

Which shoe and flat pedal are best for all day comfort?

Offline roadrunner

Re: flat pedal shoe combination for all day comfort¡?¡?¡?¡?¡?¡
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 12:28:40 am »
After trying several different cycling touring shoes and finding none of them comfortable for off-the-bike use, I settled on relatively stiff soled running   shoes.  I use standard cage pedals on which I fasten (by wires) a piece of thin metal (from flashing) that forms a platform and makes it easy to get the shoe in and out of the Power Grip straps I use.  The combination is comfortable for riding all day and when off the bike after riding.

Also, I can use about any shoes or sandals with the pedals, avoiding the need to change shoes to go for a quick ride.

Offline HoolieWA

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 11:53:43 am »
I ride with toe clips and straps also and I have been looking for a firm soled shoe like you describe.  Could you share which brand/ model that you found?

Julie
Julie

Offline roadrunner

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 10:39:01 pm »
Julie - I'm not particular about the shoes I use, just that they have a fairly stiff sole, are shaped to fit the Power Grip straps, and are comfortable for walking.  The most recent ones I got were Nike, more of a tennis shoe look, rather than an exotic running shoe look.  Sorry I can't be more specific, but with the setup I use, many shoes will work well.  For rides up to 25 miles, regular Teva sandals work fine.

Offline Huli

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 09:03:57 am »
I just posted in the RIP Keen string that I use their Newport sandles with MTB low profile platform pedals.   Throw in a sock if you need warmth, seal skin sock if you need dry and warmth.

Offline pptouring

We have over 7000 miles cycling with MKS Lambda pedals and Power Grip straps. About 5000 of those miles were done while wearing hiking boots and the last 2000ish have been done wearing plain old tennis shoes.