Author Topic: merging route section data (or not erasing existing data)  (Read 3342 times)

Offline tomdett

merging route section data (or not erasing existing data)
« on: April 19, 2009, 11:53:24 am »
I would like to load all the waypoint data for two sections of the ST route into MapSource and download both the map, waypoints, and route data to my GPSmap 60CS so I am not dependent on my computer for the ride across the two sections.  Please advise me of how to do that.   

Also, in general I would like to not erase existing downloaded MapSource data when I download new data unless I run up against a memory constraint in the 60CS as I would like to keep my local area map data there.   Again, please advise.

Offline Fred Hiltz

Re: merging route section data (or not erasing existing data)
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 08:09:41 am »
Hi Tom,

You can combine the waypoints and routes in your computer or in your 60CS. In the computer, it is easiest if you run two instances of MapSource. Open each section in its own instance, then copy and paste one to the other. In the 60CS, just transfer both waypoints and routes one after the other. These both work fine as long as you stay within the 1000-waypoint limit of the receiver.

Maps are a different story. You need to build a complete map set in MapSource. When you transfer it to the receiver, it replaces the maps already there. You could build one map set from the two ST sections and your home area if it stays within the 56-MB map size limit.

Fred

Offline biker007

Re: merging route section data (or not erasing existing data)
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 09:17:43 am »

I have been using a lot of different GPS devices, but now I found this GPS application for mobile phone named SportyPal.
It's free and is great mobile app. The design is almost perfect, very clean. It is very simple for insatling, registering and using, one button press for every functionality. Except main stats screen where time, distance, speed, average speed and calories burned there is another screen with actual track. The price is RIGHT - FREE. The web site for this application is very functional. The only thing you need is to have GPS on your mobile phone.