Author Topic: Minn Trails  (Read 3895 times)

Offline GSullivan

Minn Trails
« on: May 08, 2009, 12:37:36 pm »
I received this email quite some time ago. Great information!

Greetings:
            I found you have been working with the American Association of State Highway & Transportation Officials to develop a transcontinental network of Bike Routes.  I was wondering if you know if there are many trails that have been developed between states already.  I am Chairman of the Friends of the Jackson County Trails Association, a non-profit group that is working to build trails throughout Jackson County MN.  On August 1, we are holding a Grand Opening of a Trail that we built that connects some of our County Park system with Dickenson County Trail system.  In my research so far I see plans for many interstate trail systems but have not found any completed ones.  I would think there must be a number of trails that cross state lines. Today I go before a state legislative sub committee to ask for permission to discuss State Trail designation for a trail we would like to build from Iowa to another State Trail in Minnesota. I was interested in information on the Proposed interstate bike trails that you are proposing. It is very interesting.  Keep of the good work.

Chuck Lucht
Ginny Sullivan

Offline TwoWheeledExplorer

• World Traveler
  • "I am well, thank God, and in high spirits"
Re: Minn Trails
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 07:50:29 pm »
I live in Isanti County, north of the Cities. Where is Jackson County?
St. Brendan's Two-Wheeled Explorer
www.twowheeledexplorer.org
Dedicated to the adventure of missionary exploration...to the ends of the earth.

Offline KerryIrons

Re: Minn Trails
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 04:35:25 pm »
Jackson County is right on the IA border on the western side of the state (two counties "in" from the SD state line).