Author Topic: US Bicycle Route Meetings in Kalamazoo, MI & Salem OR  (Read 3301 times)

Offline GSullivan

US Bicycle Route Meetings in Kalamazoo, MI & Salem OR
« on: September 30, 2009, 01:56:22 pm »
Two up-coming meetings:
1) US Bicycle Route System Regional Meeting on October 28 in Kalamazoo, MI. This is a post-conference workshop in conjunction with the Mid America Trails and Greenways Conference (Oct25-27). You can find registration for the session on the conference brochure http://www.michigantrails.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/matag_web_brochure3.pdf

The morning session will be called "Connecting Mid America with Trails and Greenways" and will go from 9-12 noon. A highlight for this morning session will be a presentation by the Michigan Assistant Attorney General, Ron Emery and Bike/Ped Coordinator, Josh DeBruyn on debunking the myths associated with on-road bicycle route designations (addressing liability concerns that agencies and trail managers might have). This is going to be an incredibly informative!

The afternoon session, 1pm - 3pm, will focus on USBRS route/trail development in the mid American states. Mid America trail administrators are invited to this session and we are trying to get the word out to other agencies and organizations.

2) In addition, I will be in Salem, Oregon on Oct 20. I will be holding a public meeting at the First United Methodist Church from 7:00pm-9:00. For more information and driving directions go to our meetings and gatherings page www.adventurecycling.org/partiesandgatherings/ During my week in Oregon, I will be meeting with Ohio Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee and the Ohio Scenic Bikeways Committee.

Please pass these invitations along to anyone you think should be there. Information will be posted at www.adventurecycling.org/usbrs or contact me for a pdf flyer or postcard invitation to pass along. You can reach me at gsullivan - at - adventurecycling.org

Thanks!
Ginny Sullivan