Author Topic: Michigan - Ohio rough draft  (Read 8723 times)

Offline rsw

Michigan - Ohio rough draft
« on: March 29, 2010, 06:28:42 pm »
I would like to open the discussion defining a bicycle touring route on the east coast of Michigan to reside within, and extending, Corridor 25 from Toledo, Ohio to Mackinaw City.  The proposed 1st segment of the route can be viewed at http://www.bikemap.net/route/425725. From Detroit I envision the route passing through the north east suburbs of Detroit along the west and north shore of Lake St. Clair, then moving north along the St. Clair River past Port Huron around the Thumb to Bay City continuing north to Rogers City and ending at Mackinaw.

With exception of Detroit the route would pass a number of state parks suitable for camping and all within a day's ride of each other.

Looking forward to your comments.

Dick Williams

Offline scottcanderson

Re: Michigan - Ohio rough draft
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 01:36:12 pm »
I completely agree with you.  Of course the draft route has to be validated by the local road agencies, but the concept is spot on.  Check the USBR 20 topic for the work we've been doing along that route.  There will be several people interested in the USBR 25 route in Michigan; perhaps we should start an e-mail communication (since not everyone checks this forum every day).  If you could send me your e-mail address, mine is scottcanderson (at sign) earthlink (dot) net, I can get the interested group to start thinking along these lines.

Cheers,
Scott Anderson