Author Topic: FS: Cannondale SilkTour 700 touring bike  (Read 3277 times)

Offline briwasson

FS: Cannondale SilkTour 700 touring bike
« on: April 23, 2010, 09:27:18 pm »
This is a very cool and hard-to-find Cannondale SilkTour 700 road bicycle. The Silk Tour is one of the most multi-purpose bikes you'll likely ever see. Use it for regular road riding, touring, commuting, charity rides, about-town riding, paths, or even light trail riding. Would be a perfect bike for a tour on a trail like the C&O canal or similar (which is what we originally bought it for). It features Cannondale's HeadShok front suspension, with a lockout knob at the top of the fork for on the fly lockout. This gives  you the best of both worlds: turn the suspension on to smooth out bumps, or off for more responsive road riding or climbing. 700c wheels.

Low miles, in nice shape, with some light scratches here and there from moving around the garage (nothing major at all). It's my wife's bike and she rarely rides it (we mostly ride our tandem and triplet). I've held onto the bike despite it gathering dust in my garage because it's such a neat bike; it always gets positive comments on the rare occasions we take it out on a ride. Too many bikes in the garage now, though, so it's gotta go.

Here are the specs:

-Cannondale CAAD2 aluminum frame
-16" frame size, fits a really wide range of sizes due to V-style frame (my 5'2" wife has ridden it, as has my 5'11" friend)
-HeadShok fork with lockout
-Frame has braze-ons including rear rack mounts, fork eyelets, two sets of bottle bosses, etc.
-Drop handlebars and Cannondale HeadShok-specific stem (you can choose between a short or long-reach stem; I have both available)
-Shimano Tiagra 9-speed STI shifters/brake levers, with new auxiliary cross-style brake levers at top of bars (see pics). I actually like the Tiagra levers better than the Ultegra levers I have on my other bikes; the FD shifter has more trim options, making it very nice to use with a triple crank
-Shimano Tiagra front derailleur, LX rear derailleur
-SRAM 12-34 9-speed cassette
-Cannondale-branded Sugino triple crank. 170mm arms, 48-38-28 rings (ramped for 9 speed), 110/74 BCD gives you plenty of option
-Super-strong 700c wheelset, consisting of Mavic T224 rims, 36 spokes, and very nice Cannondale Omega cartridge-bearing QR hubs (made by DT Swiss); Shimano QR skewers
-Conti Top Touring tires, 700x35mm (or maybe 38mm, have to double check)
-Cannondale cantilever brakes (Avid Shorty knockoffs)
-Brand-new Selle Royale gel saddle
-Alloy microadjust seatpost, QR seatpost binder
-Also includes two water bottle cages, not shown, as well as a Blackburn rear rack (if I can find the hardware for it... no promises)

Price is $499 + shipping if needed. For some reason the forum won't let me post photos. See my Craigslist posting for photos (or e-mail for more, higher-res pics) at http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/bik/1723999626.html

Located in the Philadelphia, Pa., area, but am willing to ship if needed. E-mail me (briwasson at verizon dot net) for my phone number if you want to chat more about the bike.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 09:36:45 am by briwasson »

Offline briwasson

Re: FS: Cannondale SilkTour 700 touring bike
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 10:33:08 am »
**SOLD** Thanks for the interest!