Author Topic: Bike shop in Bellingham?  (Read 1006 times)

Offline tdelhagen

Bike shop in Bellingham?
« on: June 15, 2010, 01:40:21 pm »
Hello there -

I'm flying out of Brooklyn, NY and into Bellingham, WA on the 24th of July to start my way down to San Fran.  I'm still weighing a couple of options for shipping my bike out. 

My first and I think preferable option is to purchase and aircaddy box and fedex my bike to a bike shop in Bellingham.  The problem is that I'm not from Bellingham, ever been to Bellingham or even know anyone in Bellingham.  Does anyone know any trustworthy bike shops that would be willing to work with me on this front? 

My second option is to ship it through REI.  They offer the bike shipping service from store to store.  Its a little more expensive but might be worth the smoothness. 

Any thoughts/advice are welcomed and appreciated!  Cheers!

Offline indyfabz

Re: Bike shop in Bellingham?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 03:13:00 pm »
http://fanatikbike.com/articles/service-repair-pg389.htm

They seem to have experience with rebuilding boxed bikes and boxing for shipping since it's itemized on their repair list.

When we went out west last year we simpky had our LBS box our bikes and ship them UPS to a shop in Whitefish, MT.

Offline bikerbob

Re: Bike shop in Bellingham?
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 11:03:48 am »
I've shipped my bicycle to both Jack's Bicycle Center 360 733 1955 and to Kulshan Cycles 360 733 6440.  Both excellent shops.  Advise them in advance of your intentions and your bicycle will be ready for you when you arrive.
Enjoy your ride.