Author Topic: FS: Carbon fork: 700c, canti/v-brake studs, low-rider bosses. New!  (Read 2404 times)

Offline briwasson

Carbon fiber fork for 700c wheels. 1-1/8" threadless steerer (metal, not carbon), uncut. Designed for touring (or cross) bikes. Has brake studs for cantilever or V-brakes, eyelets on the dropouts, and even mounts for your lowrider rack built-in! $125, shipped in USA. Bought for a project, but never ended up using.

Offline JeremyFXDWG

Re: FS: Carbon fork: 700c, canti/v-brake studs, low-rider bosses. New!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 02:49:55 pm »
PM Sent....

Offline briwasson

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 09:44:08 pm »
Sorry for the delay in providing more details to those that asked. A sick child took me in other directions this weekend.

Update: I double-checked on the fork specs since I posted from memory (shouldn't do this when you are over 40 like me! :-) Here are more details:

The fork is a Kinesis "Pro Series." It has been mounted once, so it is technically not new. A crown race was mounted, and a front wheel was installed for a short amount of time (the fork dropouts barely have a scratch on them, though). There are a couple of small scratches from my parts box (illustrated in pics I can provide). Most importantly, the steerer tube has been cut, and is about 7" long. A star nut is installed.

The fork accepts canti/v-brakes as well as a regular sidepull brake. The canti studs are removable. Lots of pics are now available if you are interested. I tried to post them here but keep getting errors.

In any event, the fork is in very good condition and ready for use. It's very rare to find a carbon fork that has lowrider braze-ons... don't let this one get away! Because of the revised description, I've lowered the price to $95 + shipping (if needed).
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 04:14:27 pm by briwasson »

Offline briwasson

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 04:14:56 pm »
Price lowered to $95 + shipping. Happy to send photos on request.