Author Topic: Help for training for Paris-Roubaix the 9 april 2010  (Read 1655 times)

Offline Eric Socard

Help for training for Paris-Roubaix the 9 april 2010
« on: December 15, 2010, 10:00:16 am »
Hello every riders !
I need your help...
I will subscribe (the 20th december) to the mythic race of "Paris-Roubaix" (147 kms). I need advices about my preparation...
How is often to practice per week and what distance ?
What do i have to eat before the race and during the race ? water or energy drinks ?
Every advices are welcomed.
Thank you for your help.
and see you soon maybe near Roubaix !

Offline tonythomson

Re: Help for training for Paris-Roubaix the 9 april 2010
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 06:53:29 am »
Hi Eric
wow left it a bit late to ask these questions if you are leaving on 20th or have I got that wrong. At this point I would say just get on the bike an ride within yourself.  Eat pasta and carbs - drink whatever you can get hold of on route.

Are you in France or Europe?  I would check the weather as there are blizzards heading your way - courtesy of the English  ;)

Good luck
Just starting to record my trips  www.tonystravels.com

Offline John Nelson

Re: Help for training for Paris-Roubaix the 9 april 2010
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 03:56:05 pm »
The Paris-Roubaix Sportive is on 9 April, 2011. In the words of the immortal Eddy Merckx, ride lots. This race is not recommended for novices. You'll need to be in top form. Start riding today. Work up quickly to at least 200 miles (320 km) per week, and try to include some cobbles. You can do it with less, of course, but you'll want to be in good shape if you want to have fun.

The Cyclesportive is shorter than the pro race and is run the day before. The Sportive covers a little over half of the pro course (147 km vs. 259 km). The Sportive has 32 km of cobbles in 18 sections.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 04:18:16 pm by John Nelson »