Route Development > Bicycle Route 66

Welcome to Bicycle Route 66!

<< < (7/13) > >>

bike4fun:

--- Quote from: john on July 18, 2011, 09:07:07 am ---Hi My name is John and I am a member of 'The Sons of Shankly' a group of middle to old aged lunatics from Liverpool England who raise money for Mc Millan Cancer Relief.  We cycled Route 66 in the summer of 2005 and raised $50.000 for the cause.  In July - August of 2012 we are attempting to cycle along Route 66 again but will via off near springfield and cycle on through Kentucky and Vaginia.  We will then be able to say we cycled from the Pacific in Los Angles to the Atlantic at Virginia Beach.  If anyone could advise us about the route from Route 66 at Springfield to Vaginia Beach we would be most greatful.

Good luck with your personal adventures or goals.

Regards:

John & The Sons of Shankly

--- End quote ---

John,
The Transamerica route crosses old Route 66 just east of Springfield, at Marshfield, MO.  You could stay on old 66 'til there, then follow the TransAm to near Yorktown, VA and figure out a route from there to Virginia Beach, only a short distance away.

Mike

BikingBrian:
This great article on the route appeared today! http://grist.org/living/the-mother-of-all-rides-biking-across-america-on-the-old-route-66/

lscheetz:
There are a lot of Route 66 Bike journals posted at www.crazyguyonabike.com/  One of my favorites is Oris Barber's at http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?o=1&doc_id=7977&v=1Ou/

At crazyguy... you can search to find a lot of journals.

jfinchgo:
Jennifer,

I believe I read somewhere that the ACA Route map was anticipated for 2014; are they still on track for 2014?  Do you have any idea whether it would be available in time to ride the route in 2014?  I just finished the Atlantic Coast route this summer and my wife and I are hoping to ride Route 66 in 2014.

Regards,

Jeff
Chicago, IL

JMilyko:
Hi Jeff,

--- Quote from: jfinchgo on January 03, 2013, 05:34:26 pm ---I believe I read somewhere that the ACA Route map was anticipated for 2014; are they still on track for 2014?  Do you have any idea whether it would be available in time to ride the route in 2014?  I just finished the Atlantic Coast route this summer and my wife and I are hoping to ride Route 66 in 2014.

--- End quote ---

We are shooting to have Bicycle Route 66 maps published late 2014 so unfortunately, I don't think it will match your desire to ride the route in 2014.

Sorry,
.Jennifer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version