Author Topic: Flooding  (Read 4214 times)

Offline cheesehawk

Flooding
« on: May 03, 2011, 12:20:43 pm »
Just an FYI. I received an e-mail from a NB rider I  met a few days back. He gave up on trying to reach Cincinnati this week due to detours caused by flooding between Grand Rivers, KY, and Evansville, IN.

Offline bloggs

Re: Flooding
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 06:40:49 pm »
Do you have any more information about this (I.e. What parts of the route were closed)?  Or the contact details of the person you heard this from?

I'm currently on the UGRR north bound in Fulton, MS and would like to plan ahead.

Thanks!

Offline JMilyko

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 05:46:02 am »
If you have any specific information about how the flooding is impacting the ACA Underground Railroad Route, please post it in our Temporary ACA Route Road Closure discussion (http://www.adventurecycling.org/forums/index.php?board=15.0).

Thanks!

.Jennifer.
*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Jennifer H. Milyko
Adventure Cycling Association
Inspiring and empowering people to travel by bicycle.
800/755-2453, 406/721-1776 x205
www.adventurecycling.org

Follow Routes & Mapping on Twitter: @acaroutes

Offline cheesehawk

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 06:51:38 am »
Sorry, I didn't realize I was posting in the wrong spot. I'll ask the person who hit the flooding detours to consider posting information, but at this point the information would be quite a bit out of date. If I were in your shoes blogg I would check the DOT websites for KY and IN for current information. 

Offline Rob

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 07:17:25 am »
To Northbound cyclists on Underground: I got blocked by flooded roads a few miles north of Grand Rivers on about April 27. I detoured west to Paducah KY then north to Harrisburg and then east to Evansville Indiana (across Ohio River from Owensboro KY). Going west was probably not a good idea. Maybe there is a better alternative east.

Using only local knowledge + TV, I concluded that getting back on the Underground was not feasible. Other routes north and east seemed less interesting and some roads were getting crowded due to flooding. I took a bus north to Buffalo. I intend to finish this trip when the rivers have gone down.