Author Topic: Routes in weird places  (Read 805 times)

Offline lunar

Routes in weird places
« on: July 09, 2011, 12:01:25 pm »
Hi I've always cycled all my life but I've never been 'adventurous' now I'm throwing my self into it full force and I want to know some weird routes in some weird places, how easy is it to go to China or SE asia? S.America? what about a safari!!! Okay maybe I'm getting carried way but why not! ::)

Basically I've done a few routes in the UK and I'm looking for the next step.

Hope you can help or at least indulge my insanity  ;D

Offline John Nelson

Re: Routes in weird places
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 04:38:08 pm »
Start browsing around over at www.crazyguyonabike.com. On the left side of the home page, look for Journals by Locale. Pick an exotic place and click it. See what adventures others have had.

Offline tonythomson

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 05:40:00 pm »
choose a place that either interests you, will give you the kind of challenge you are looking for (mountains, deserts, pretty etc) change in culture, what you can afford, how much time you have, do you want to go solo,unsupported, in a group. 

Take these sort of criteria and when you come up with a destination research it fully and basically set a date and go for it.  Apart from obvious countries which politically it is inadvisable to visit at this time few countries are out of reach.  Some are just harder work than others!

I love deserts and have enjoyed cycling across several different ones around the world.  September i head for Australia and the outback and Nullarbor.  Can't wait.
Just starting to record my trips  www.tonystravels.com

Offline Tourista829

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 10:32:33 pm »
Tony is right about the Outback, if you go to China, try the Gobi Desert and head to Eastern Mongolia. What kind of bicycle will you use for your new outlook on touring?