Hey all, I wanted update this thread with the route I ended up using: Google map bike route for Seattle, WA to Marblemount, WA / Northern Tier
The route was given to me by a member of the Seattle Randonneurs
and is really great. Mostly low traffic and scenic. He included these enhanced directions to correspond with the numbers on the map:
7. Ignore the slight left, ride straight up Dearborn.
13. This left is at a pedestrian crossing.
14 thru 17. Ignore. Stay on the bike trail. Bear right (downhill) and cross the I-90 bridge.
19 thru 22. Follow the arterial; there no actual turns.
23. This left is onto the sidewalk, do not go through the intersection.
24. Go left on the sidewalk through a sort of a hole in the shrubbery. Then right/straight on 78th.
26. Mind the stop sign at the bottom of the hill in front of you. The Mercer Island cops are known to ticket cyclists.
32. Turn left to cross the street and resume the I-90 trail.
43 thru 45. After crossing NE 20 St (traffic light), go under the highway bridge ahead of you then take the first left into the parking lot. Ride all the way to the back of the lot, past Cash & Carry. Turn left and find the bike trail entrance. Go left on the trail.
48, 49. You are on the sidewalk here. Turn left then right and cross the bridge.
51. This is Wilmot Gateway park. It is pretty obvious. It has a big grassy area on the left, benches, trellises, and restrooms on the right.
55. There is a short bike trail to help you make the right turn. Sorry about the hill!
63. The turn onto Springhetti is on a downhill. Don't miss it!
65. Snohomish. There are public restrooms a block or two ahead on 1st St on the right. One block uphill on 2nd are gas stations and convenience stores. You can stay on 2nd & resume the route at Pine St. The next services are 20-some miles away in Arlington (204th St).
73-76. The trail goes onto the sidewalk along 67th. We usually stay on the road.
81. Darrington. Next services are 27 miles away in Marblemount.