Author Topic: Trek 520 Frameset Year:2008 Size:17" Project One Paint  (Read 1476 times)

Offline LC

Trek 520 Frameset Year:2008 Size:17" Project One Paint
« on: August 01, 2011, 06:23:57 pm »
I am asking $300 for the frame and I am a little flexible in regards to the price.  The shipping of the frame any where in the lower 48 is going to be $50 to $80.

This is a 2008 Trek 520 frame, fork and headset. This frame is in perfect working condition, and the cosmetic condition is in very good condition with minor scratches and chips. The size of this frame is a 17" (I believe that currently Trek measures this frame in cm but up until 2008 it was measured in inches). This frame was painted by the Project One facility for Trek and is a custom non-production color. There are a couple of spots where the paint ran while drying, but they are not very noticeable. There are some scratchers and small chips in the paint on the chain stays, fork, and seat stays. The paint has been rubbed off in the dropouts due to attaching the wheels but that is typical on any bike. The head set is a 1" and is included with an Aheadset threadless headset. The bike has cantilever or v-brake brake bosses. There are three water bottle mounts, and this frame accommodates front and rear fenders as well as front and rear pannier racks. Also included is a seat post clamp. There are a couple of stickers on the bike showing just a couple of places this bike has traveled to, and I can verify this bike loves to travel and is quite durable and strong.

Wheel size: 700c
Fork steer length: 20cm
Frame size: 17"
Effective toptube: 52cm
Head tube length: 9cm
Wheelbase: 104cm
Chainstay: 45cm

I can send photos to individuals interested in this frame.  It is a great touring bike and is in great condition.

Offline thereseryley

Re: Trek 520 Frameset Year:2008 Size:17" Project One Paint
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 10:00:11 am »
Hey there,

I am potentially interested in buying the frame. Please send pictures to thereseryley@gmail.com.

Thanks!

Offline Augie Dog

Re: Trek 520 Frameset Year:2008 Size:17" Project One Paint
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 04:47:24 pm »
I believe I e-mailed you before about this frame.Do you still have the frame? I have been doing some measuring and research I believe this frame when built up will fit me. Please let me know if you still have the frame and I will get back with you for a definite buy or pass answer. You can e-mail me at goncampn@hotmail.com and could you please send photos again.
Thanks
Alan