Author Topic: Route from Southern Idaho to Cedar City,Ut  (Read 1782 times)

Offline zzzz

Route from Southern Idaho to Cedar City,Ut
« on: November 01, 2014, 11:10:44 pm »
Hi All:

I'm looking to put together my trip for next year. I have the month of September and based on previous experience I figure 2500± miles. The final 550 miles of the trip will be ACA's Grand Canyon route.

After pouring over some road maps I'm figuring on starting in Spokane, go east for a few miles into Idaho and pick up 95 going south into 55 into Boise. There I'll pick up 21 into 75 and go see Craters of the Moon NP.

How best to get from there to Cedar City, Ut. is my question.

I'm trying to figure out if it would be better to make my way over to Flaming Gorge and then cut diagonally across the state to Cedar City or if I can piece together a straighter north to south route that manages to skip the traffic/congestion of the Logan/SLC/Provo metroplex that still has plenty of attractive scenery.

I've done the Western Express before and while I wouldn't consider riding those same roads again a hardship I would prefer something new.

Right now I am completely open to suggestions, so if you feel there's must see stuff that falls somewhere between Spokane and Phoenix, please mention it.

Thanks,

Pete